How To Use This Book List

Many of the books here are written for young adults. However, some are definitely adult books. I don't always specify in my comments; however if you are interested in a book, find it at the library. If it's in Juvenile Fiction or Young Adult Fiction, it's usually safe for kids 12-15 (be sure to preview just in case). If the book is found elsewhere, you can always ask a librarian for their input.
Personally, a few swear words don't do much for me, so I don't usually remember they are in there. Other types of content, however, are usually commented on.
Enjoy!!

p.s. Please leave a "care-to-share" (aka, comment) anytime you like.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Sweet Far Thing

by Libba Bray

I finished this book in near-record time. The story picks up where the second books left off...and I got right back into it, too. I love the intrigue and excitement of a young girl's mind. It was fascinating to find out how the plot came to a resolution in the end. The twists and turns kept me interested and the propriety of Turn-of-the-Century England Society makes it that much more fun to read. I found I couldn't put the book down. In fact, I read from 9 to 12 today (yes, we didn't get out of jammies until too late) just so I could finish!

****
There are a few pages of teenage hearts and hands (if you know what I mean), but most of it was implied.
A few minor (if there is such thing) swear words, but nothing you don't hear at the mall (probably not as bad as the mall, actually)

1 comment:

  1. I love finishing a book in record time. I love devoting a morning to reading in my jammies. Glad you enjoyed this one.

    ReplyDelete