How To Use This Book List

Many of the books here are written for young adults. However, some are definitely adult books. I don't always specify in my comments; however if you are interested in a book, find it at the library. If it's in Juvenile Fiction or Young Adult Fiction, it's usually safe for kids 12-15 (be sure to preview just in case). If the book is found elsewhere, you can always ask a librarian for their input.
Personally, a few swear words don't do much for me, so I don't usually remember they are in there. Other types of content, however, are usually commented on.
Enjoy!!

p.s. Please leave a "care-to-share" (aka, comment) anytime you like.

Friday, May 21, 2010

The Heretic's Daughter

by Kathleen Kent

I started this book a couple of months ago, putting it down to read something else(?). Well, I finished it - with much satisfaction. It's based on the life of a real family in Massachuessetts in the 1690's - Salem Witch Trials. I found the story fascinating; knowing these events really happened to the people involved made it that much better. If you enjoy historical fiction and family history, this is a great book! It would be a great book for a high school-age person trying to get a better sense of the witch scare of Salem or just wanting a great book to read.

****

Jenn - thanks for the comments - I don't have either of those books, yet. I am going to begin the last of the Libba Bray Series of Society around the turn of the century England...:)

1 comment:

  1. I love historical fiction and may need to give this one a try!

    ReplyDelete