How To Use This Book List

Many of the books here are written for young adults. However, some are definitely adult books. I don't always specify in my comments; however if you are interested in a book, find it at the library. If it's in Juvenile Fiction or Young Adult Fiction, it's usually safe for kids 12-15 (be sure to preview just in case). If the book is found elsewhere, you can always ask a librarian for their input.
Personally, a few swear words don't do much for me, so I don't usually remember they are in there. Other types of content, however, are usually commented on.
Enjoy!!

p.s. Please leave a "care-to-share" (aka, comment) anytime you like.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Red Tent

by Anita Daimant

I've always enjoyed historical fiction, but this book brought me to a whole new level.  I don't know as much about life during biblical times as I'd like to know.  I found a woman's perspective intriguing and insightful.  I know much of this tale is fictionalized, but just catching a glimpse of Jacob (yes, the very Jacob with a son who wore a colorful coat) and his family and what life might have been like for them was fantastic.  I probably won't go to church on Sunday and begin discussing the 12 tribes of Israel, however, I will appreciate their lifestyle a little more.  Wonderful.  Descriptive.  Exciting.  Tragic.  Magical.  Well done.
Not a read for a younger audience, but no content an adult wouldn't appreciate (I think).

****

No comments:

Post a Comment