How To Use This Book List

Many of the books here are written for young adults. However, some are definitely adult books. I don't always specify in my comments; however if you are interested in a book, find it at the library. If it's in Juvenile Fiction or Young Adult Fiction, it's usually safe for kids 12-15 (be sure to preview just in case). If the book is found elsewhere, you can always ask a librarian for their input.
Personally, a few swear words don't do much for me, so I don't usually remember they are in there. Other types of content, however, are usually commented on.
Enjoy!!

p.s. Please leave a "care-to-share" (aka, comment) anytime you like.

Friday, March 23, 2012

The Thirteenth Tale

by Diane Setterfield


I didn't have any expectation when I began this book.  I knew nothing about it, but liked the title.  As I read the first few chapters, my mind wandered a little as to where the story might go.  By the time I was half way through the book, I couldn't put it down.  The last few chapters had me on the edge of my seat to know how all the loose ends would come together.  I was not disappointed.  A friend was telling me she had begun reading the book.  The word she used to describe it was:  interesting.  I often use that word to infer something unusual but also unimportant or odd in a negative way.  I use the word interesting now to describe this book with the following synonyms:  unusual, captivating, unexpected, charming, disarming, odd, keeps attention, addictive, inviting, fabulous!  What a great book!!  I would recommend for young adults and adults.  There is no language.  There are scenes of violence and disturbance, but it is inferred and only as graphic as your mind allows it to be.


****

No comments:

Post a Comment