How To Use This Book List

Many of the books here are written for young adults. However, some are definitely adult books. I don't always specify in my comments; however if you are interested in a book, find it at the library. If it's in Juvenile Fiction or Young Adult Fiction, it's usually safe for kids 12-15 (be sure to preview just in case). If the book is found elsewhere, you can always ask a librarian for their input.
Personally, a few swear words don't do much for me, so I don't usually remember they are in there. Other types of content, however, are usually commented on.
Enjoy!!

p.s. Please leave a "care-to-share" (aka, comment) anytime you like.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Great Gatsby

by F. Scott Fitzgerald

So, having the LAMEST English teacher is high school, I was never required to read this.  I was intrigued after it was mentioned in relation to a few other books I've read about the 1920's and 30's.  So...I read it...it was interesting.  I have to say, my interest was piqued, but I didn't love it.  However, I really liked the writing.
Fitzgerald's style is so unique.  Regardless of what's written, it's fun to read his words and how they're put together.  I would recommend this book if you like to read "the classics".  If you're looking for quick-paced entertainment, this is NOT it.  Still, it's worth your time to read it, do a little soul-searching based on the characters, then move on.

***

1 comment:

  1. Maybe your teacher isn't so lame if s/he didn't require you to read a book they thought you wouldn't enjoy . . . perhaps they were hoping you would enjoy something else more.

    ReplyDelete