How To Use This Book List

Many of the books here are written for young adults. However, some are definitely adult books. I don't always specify in my comments; however if you are interested in a book, find it at the library. If it's in Juvenile Fiction or Young Adult Fiction, it's usually safe for kids 12-15 (be sure to preview just in case). If the book is found elsewhere, you can always ask a librarian for their input.
Personally, a few swear words don't do much for me, so I don't usually remember they are in there. Other types of content, however, are usually commented on.
Enjoy!!

p.s. Please leave a "care-to-share" (aka, comment) anytime you like.

Friday, August 10, 2012

Lois Lowry series

In discussing several books at book club, I was surprised to find out how many people didn't realize The Giver by Lois Lowry is book one is a series.  I had always assumed there were 3 books, but according to GoodReads, there are 4:  The Giver, Gathering Blue, Messenger, Son.  I think it's time to re-read some old favorites!

3 comments:

  1. ok - some of my favorites...
    a thousand splendid suns- khaled hosseini
    cutting for stone- abraham verghese
    the glass castel/half broke horses-jeannette wall
    left neglected/still alice- lisa genova
    little bee-chris cleave
    sarah's key-tatiana de rosnay
    the guernsey literary and potato peel society-annie barrows
    the thirteenth tale-diane setterfield
    the help-katheryn stockton
    blue-lou aronica
    hotel on the corner of bitter and sweet-jamie ford
    one thousand white women-jim fergus
    the thirteenth unicorn-wd newman
    and ANYTHING by Jodi Picoult she is my favorite

    I really don't have a certain type I read anything and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a few more... haha
    water for elephants- sarah gruin
    the kite runner- khaled hosseini
    three cups of tea- greg mortensen
    icy sparks- gwyn rubio
    the secret life of bees- sue kidd
    the friday night knitting club-kate jacobs
    left to tell- immacalee imilizail

    ok- i will quit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh THANK YOU! So many great books I have read and so many to add to my list of to-reads. Yes, we must be book buddies!

    ReplyDelete