How To Use This Book List

Many of the books here are written for young adults. However, some are definitely adult books. I don't always specify in my comments; however if you are interested in a book, find it at the library. If it's in Juvenile Fiction or Young Adult Fiction, it's usually safe for kids 12-15 (be sure to preview just in case). If the book is found elsewhere, you can always ask a librarian for their input.
Personally, a few swear words don't do much for me, so I don't usually remember they are in there. Other types of content, however, are usually commented on.
Enjoy!!

p.s. Please leave a "care-to-share" (aka, comment) anytime you like.

Friday, September 2, 2011

The Outsider: A Novel

by Ann H. Gabhart

I guess I needed something to make me do a little soul-searching, because that's what I got out of this book. Unintended, of course. As Sister Gabrielle enjoyed her life as a Shaker, she soon found herself questioning the very foundation of her religion. This gave me the opportunity to ponder a few things, as well. I absolutely enjoyed this book. I found it frustrating that it didn't follow my expectation in storyline, but I was enthralled, nonetheless. Great for young adults or older children, as well.

****

No comments:

Post a Comment