How To Use This Book List

Many of the books here are written for young adults. However, some are definitely adult books. I don't always specify in my comments; however if you are interested in a book, find it at the library. If it's in Juvenile Fiction or Young Adult Fiction, it's usually safe for kids 12-15 (be sure to preview just in case). If the book is found elsewhere, you can always ask a librarian for their input.
Personally, a few swear words don't do much for me, so I don't usually remember they are in there. Other types of content, however, are usually commented on.
Enjoy!!

p.s. Please leave a "care-to-share" (aka, comment) anytime you like.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

a little vent...

I've been a little pre-occupied lately; however, I'm trying to read a book I've looked forward to getting into: Rebel Angels by Libba Bray. This is the next book after A Great and Terrible Beauty. I don't know if I'm just so busy doing other things that I can't get excited about sitting down to read, or if the book itself is not as interesting....any thoughts?

Also, if you have read a good book lately, leave a comment so I can add it to my "To Read" list. I'm always on the lookout for a good book.

One more thing.
If you are like me and can't get to the library to check out a book for free, but instead sees it at Target and spends $8-12 on it, consider this: I was at the Draper Library last week picking up a couple of books I had on hold there. While there, I saw the Books for Sale shelf near the doors. As I browsed, I noticed three books that I'd been wanting to read...$1.50...for ALL THREE!!! Can't beat that if you insist on owning them. Just keep that in mind next time you spend $20 on two books you have been wanting to read. (I know it's hard to get to the library, but even once a month could save a LOT of money.)

Keep on reading...

3 comments:

  1. I forgot to add: While I was at the library, I asked how long I might be waiting for "The Help"....300 on the list...This one I WILL be purchasing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jinks!!! I was just getting on here to tell you I am reading The Help right now!!! It's really good. Although, it does make me want to hit white people, but it's great.

    I read The Reliable Wife and The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. I would't recommend the Reliable Wife. It was kind of wierd and very sexual. I felt myself thinking.."ok, yes..we get it..you want her bad" I didn't really enjoy the story line either. It had it's moments, but there are better books out there. I really liked the GLPPPS. (let's call it that..) It was clever and interesting. It took me a minute to get used to the fact that the whole thing would be letters, but after that I really enjoyed it. It also inspired me to be a better letter writer...or at least email writer. I loved how descriptive all their letters were. It reminded me how far we've fallen from the written word. Anyway...there you have a small review from me.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK Missy-
    You need to come visit me! I can send you home with a stack of books, including The Help. I don't have a waiting list of 300! And I am not any farther than the Draper Library!!

    Really- come see me!

    ReplyDelete