How To Use This Book List

Many of the books here are written for young adults. However, some are definitely adult books. I don't always specify in my comments; however if you are interested in a book, find it at the library. If it's in Juvenile Fiction or Young Adult Fiction, it's usually safe for kids 12-15 (be sure to preview just in case). If the book is found elsewhere, you can always ask a librarian for their input.
Personally, a few swear words don't do much for me, so I don't usually remember they are in there. Other types of content, however, are usually commented on.
Enjoy!!

p.s. Please leave a "care-to-share" (aka, comment) anytime you like.

Friday, February 19, 2010

Fablehaven

by Brandon Mull

GREAT!! Adventure in our world with other-world creatures. Might be a little scary for younger children - could read aloud and edit. Can't wait to read the next one...!

****
p.s. Local author

3 comments:

  1. I think I'll have to start this series. I started reading the Inkheart series with Justin but we haven't picked it up in a while. I think if I were reading it on my own I would be able to get more into it. I really like the YA fiction right now too. Just finish Two Princess of Bammare by Gail Carson Levine she also wrote Ella Enchanted, Fairest (I have both if you're interested in reading) and some short stories, all her own take on some classic fairy tales. I liked them all. Also love Shannon Hale. Just finished her books of Bayern series. Loved Book of a Thousand Day too. Princess Academy was OK but not my favorite by her. Can't wait for Mockingjay. I have a copy of Devil in the White City that is loaned out right now. I REALLY liked it despite the subject matter. I just saw there is another by Larson about Marconi and a murderer. I want to check it out. I'll stop now;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finished "Thunderstruck" by the author of "Devil in the White City" It was good too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I own all five Fablehaven books, have three children that love them, but have not had the chance to read them yet.

    I did read his other book, The Candy Shop Wars, which he is writing a sequel to, and LOVED it.

    ReplyDelete