How To Use This Book List

Many of the books here are written for young adults. However, some are definitely adult books. I don't always specify in my comments; however if you are interested in a book, find it at the library. If it's in Juvenile Fiction or Young Adult Fiction, it's usually safe for kids 12-15 (be sure to preview just in case). If the book is found elsewhere, you can always ask a librarian for their input.
Personally, a few swear words don't do much for me, so I don't usually remember they are in there. Other types of content, however, are usually commented on.
Enjoy!!

p.s. Please leave a "care-to-share" (aka, comment) anytime you like.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Wonderstruck

by Brian Selznick

I recently read The Invention of Hugo Cabret by the same author and found his style completely captivating.  I picked up Wonderstruck at the library a couple of weeks ago, but had a few other books to get through first.  Also, I found the size the book to be a little intimidating (Huge!!), so it got put on the back burner until yesterday.  I started in the morning, read some after lunch, and finished after dinner...with several breaks between.  Like Hugo, the pictures told as much of the story as the words.  With two simultaneous storylines, it was exciting to see how they would come together.  I would definitely recommend this book for boys or girls age 10+.  It is a wonderful story of childhood sorrow, overcoming obstacles, and doing the best you can in a difficult situation.  If a person does the best he knows how, he often finds life will come together to an unexpected happiness.

****

No comments:

Post a Comment