How To Use This Book List

Many of the books here are written for young adults. However, some are definitely adult books. I don't always specify in my comments; however if you are interested in a book, find it at the library. If it's in Juvenile Fiction or Young Adult Fiction, it's usually safe for kids 12-15 (be sure to preview just in case). If the book is found elsewhere, you can always ask a librarian for their input.
Personally, a few swear words don't do much for me, so I don't usually remember they are in there. Other types of content, however, are usually commented on.
Enjoy!!

p.s. Please leave a "care-to-share" (aka, comment) anytime you like.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Outsiders

by S. E. Hinton

Oh my... I now see why this is such a modern classic. The war between social classes comes to life, as told by one experiencing it. There is violence, pain, sorrow, loss, grief, happiness, and peace all wrapped into this one book. I would say, high school-age or mature middle school-age could read and understand easily. Personally, I think every adult should read this, then decide whether or not people are worth giving a chance...you might see things a little differently.

Great Book!!!
****

2 comments:

  1. I just came to share "The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie." But I see it's already on your list. I am in the middle of the 3rd one and love it. The fourth comes out in November!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julie! I need to get started on that one.

    ReplyDelete